Silicon Valley Eye Physicians has over 40 years of experience, our practice has an excellent reputation and has been the leader and the top-rated eye care office in the bay area in the field of comprehensive vision care, Cataract and LASIK surgery, myopia control, and dry eye disease
We are looking for a full-time Medical Receptionist. With over 40 years of experience, our practice has an excellent reputation and has been the leader and the top-rated eye care office in the bay area in the field of comprehensive vision care, Cataract and LASIK surgery, myopia control, and dry eye disease
- Greet and process patients for appointments
- Exit and process patients for next visit
- Phone calls/ Call Routing / Scheduling appointments
- Collect fees for service
- Referrals and Authorizations as needed
- Scan documents
- Patient Thank-you’s
- Process Record Releases
- Other tasks as needed
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer application skills including internet navigation.
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Accurate and complete data entry
- Professional phone and writing skills for reminder calls, text messages, and emails
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving.
- 3 Months minimum of Front Desk Admin experience
- Strong communication skills to build rapport with patients
- Positive attitude, good judgment and sound decision-making ability
As a member of our team, you’ll receive competitive pay and benefits. You will have the solid support of an office with a reputation for excellence, integrity, and vision.
If you can work efficiently and thoroughly while utilizing your extraordinary ability, we want to hear from you!
Your application will only be considered if you write an introduction about yourself in the body of the email explaining why you are the right candidate with a resume attached.
If you are an experienced Optician looking for a great opportunity to work with a fun team in a friendly environment, this position could be for you! We rely on and value our associates and the experience they bring.
Our opticians educate and assist patients in selecting and ordering lenses and frames, answering phones, patient follow-up, maintaining inventory, and other related duties. We're looking for strong individuals to join our team who are detail-oriented; both sales and service-oriented, and enjoy a career in the optical field. If you excel at customer service, we are looking for you!
A candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Great sales skills
- Strong knowledge of lenses and optics. Full understanding of VSP vision plan benefits and reimbursements
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Great problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong communication skills
- Pleasant, courteous, and responsible
- Ability to learn quickly, retain information, and perform with accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as phone manner
- Dependable and reliable
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Multilingual skills are a plus
Duties are inclusive of all jobs needed, but are not limited to:
- Write up and process optical orders for glasses
- Obtain insurance verification and authorization
- Check in orders when they arrive and verify prescriptions
- Call patients to pick up glasses, and confirm appts
- Interact with doctors about patient needs, requests, and questions
- Keep the office clean and updated
- Perform other duties as directed by Optical Manager
- Detail minded with meticulous hand skills
- Knowledge of lensometry
- Can present eyewear from value to luxury, to a variety of customers
- Retail optical sales experience
- You're confident, motivated and have a stable work history.
Our comprehensive compensation package is very competitive.